Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mistakes are Okay


In a society that tries to persuade us to be perfect, it might be difficult to accept that something we have done does not turn out the way we want it to.

I realized this as I was posting this rendition of an OC for a member of the Sheikah tribe.  I left the mistakes in there.  You can see where I've erased multiple times (and yes, the paper held up, ha ha), made several adjustments, and generally kept playing around with this sketch until I got as close as I could to what I wanted.

The best part is that I'm really happy with this.  

Don't get me wrong, I see the areas where I need to improve.  There are many of them, believe me.  But the point is that I keep trying until I get to where I become more professional in my field.

So if you ever have a difficult time with art, just remember Mr. Rogers (you'll have to click on the photo to read this)


No comments:

Post a Comment