Thursday, February 23, 2017

Doll Review - Belle and Gaston + BONUS!

Disney Store Live Action Beauty and the Beast Doll Set


I know that there have been a lot of negative reviews around Emma Watson's Belle doll ...

That said, here is my personal review of the doll set of Gaston and Belle - and stay to the end for a bonus!

Gaston



Gaston is an impressive doll - each layer of clothing is separate and truly well made.  His hair is molded (meaning not real, rooted hair), which I feel works for this doll.  The designer really captured Luke Evan's facial features, as well as the dangerous expression of the character.  

Gaston has a revolver at his waist, a ruby ring on his right hand, boots, vest, jacket, pants, and undershirt.

Overall, I give this doll a 10/10!

Created by: Disney Store


Belle




Belle, while not exactly the image of Miss Emma Watson, is still a beautiful doll in it's own right.  I feel like I know what the designer was going for, and coincidentally, from the profile actually looks like the actress.  The main problem, in my opinion, is that the eyes are a little too close together, which could be throwing the doll off considerably.

Each layer of her costume is separate - from the aprons to the bodice pieces and undershirt.  She even has socks!

Overall, I give this doll an 8/10 - now, I know that for many, that is an incredibly high number.  But to me, she isn't as bad as some pictures have made her out to be.

Created by: Disney Store


BONUS
Beauty and the Beast accessory pack




When I saw this at Toys'R'Us, I got so excited that I think I ran down the aisle a little.  Included are: Cogsworth, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Babette (or Fifi as she's called in the live action).

I am so surprised at the detail!  Cogsworth's design is so spot on to the movie that I feel this character steals most of my attention out of this set.  These are the perfect match for the Disney Store Beauty and the Beast doll sets.

Created by Hasbro.


No comments:

Post a Comment